Tuesday, February 14, 2006

What do I do in my Job??

Unless people already know what RSS is, I have a difficult time not only telling them what I do, but also why anyone would want to use the products that NewsGator sells.

For some reason, when I mention that I work for a company that creates "RSS Aggregator" software, most people get a wonderful glazed-over expression on their face. Occasionally I get a "Huh?" but I think that particular combination of words has some magical property that creates a small explosion in the human brain, shutting part of it down.

Fortunately, a popular Blogger called Halley Suitt who writes Halley's Comment has written an excellent explanation entitled What's RSS Anyway? I'm hoping that this will cause a small dawning of comprehension on SOME faces...

Let me know what you think, and I'll expand on some practical uses of this technology.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogsphere!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»