Monday, May 22, 2006

New Bike, Gorgeous weather, Life is Good!!!



Originally uploaded by jonathonmcdougall.

Well what a weekend!! After agonizing over price, color, year and dealer for the last few weeks, I finally purchased and brand new motor cycle! This beautiful read beast has been dubbed "Ruby" by me (Abby still has to be convinced) and she rides like a dream.

After riding crotch-rockets my entire life, this is a huge change for me. My last bike was a CBR600 affectionally named Anabel that I owned for 7 years. It was a 21st birthday gift to myself, and it was a tearful fairwell for both Abby and myself when we had to give her up to move to the US. Ruby is a cruiser. Though the lovely mountain passes would be fun on something that has the ability to go 200mph, I think the torquey grunt of a more relaxed ride will be great for longer trips.

Here are Ruby's stats:
Make - Honda
Model - VTX1300C
Displacement - 1312cc
Color - "Candy-apple" red

After purchasing her on Saturday, we HAD to take her for a road trip. Abby and I jumped on the back and flew down to Colorado Springs via highway 83 - It was a lovely ride. We were running against some afternoon showers, and fortunately managed to miss them. There was, however, some water on the road from earlier in the day, so she did get pretty dirty in downtown Denver. Here we are giving her a bath for the first time.

No comments: